Getting the robotzoo Wombat lawn mower ready for summer
Check the charging station
- Is the Home Button working? After properly connecting everything, pressing the Home Button will automatically return the mower to its charging station.
- Is the Charging Light working? After properly connecting everything, when the mower is charging, the Charging Light will be red. When the mower is fully charged it will be green.
- Is the Virtual Wire Light working? After properly connecting everything, and if the virtual wire is cut, the Virtual Wire Light will be red. Otherwise it will be colourless.
- Is the DC Power Terminal plugged in? Is the power supply DC plug screwed in to the charging station? Is the power supply plugged into the wall? Is the power switched on?
- Are the Virtual Wire terminals connected? The Red terminal is positive (+). the Black terminal is negative (-). It’s also important to run the virtual wire properly around the Charging Station.
- Are the Charging Station Heads screwed in properly? The Charging Station heads are what transfer charge to the mower. They need to be connected properly.
- Are the Charging Station Pegs holding down the station? The Charging Station Pegs hold the station firm on the lawn surface. It is important that the Charging station does not move around.
Check the virtual boundary wire
On first installation, it’s recommended to peg the boundary wire on top of the grass, using the Virtual Boundary Wire Pegs. This is to get the distances right between the edge and the wire.
Once happy with the distances, the Virtual Boundary wire can be buried, using an edge cutter to score a groove in the lawn surface.
- Is the wire lifting above the lawn? Be sure that the wire doesn’t lift so high that it can be cut by the mower blades . Peg it down using the wire pegs (pictured). Or consider burying the wire under the lawn surface.
- Is the wire cut or broken? Maybe the mower has already cut the wire. In this case, simply use the wire joiners to reconnect the broken ends, and then insulate with electrical tape.
Check the control panel and display
- Auto Mode Control Activates the mower in automatic mode.
- Control Panel Display Displays the current settings of the mower.
- Emergency Stop Button Stops and turns off mower when pressed.
- Menu Forward Button Move to next option on the menu.
- Menu Select Button Select the current option on the menu.
- Menu Back Button Move to previous option on the menu.
- Rain Sensors Detect the presence of rain.
- Home Button Activates the mower in ‘home’ mode.
A. Charging Station Symbol – Indicates Charging Station On
B. Working Schedule Symbol –Indicates Schedule on/off
C. Rain Sensor Symbol – Indicates rain sensors on/off
D. Compass – Electronic gyroscope helps mower to go straight on inclines
E. Line Symbol –When Schedule feature is used, the mower will do one lap of the perimeter
F. N/A – Blank
G. Pressure Sensor – Indicates if (downward) Pressure Sensor activated
H. Touch Sensor –Indicates if (handle) Touch Sensor activated
I. Auto Mode –Indicates if in Auto mode
J. Battery Voltage – Indicates current voltage
K. Month / Year –Date display MM / YY
L. Day of Week – Indicates day of week
M. Hour:Minute – Time display hh:mm
Do you want to find out more?
If you would like us to assess the suitability of your lawn for our devices, please just fill out the enquiry form below. Alternatively, if you would prefer to speak to us first, please call us on 1 3000 ROBOT. (1 3000 76268)