Blue Swimmer II User Manual
Table of Contents
- Read this manual carefully before use, and use the device according to the manual.
- Do not allow children to operate the device, or play with it as a toy.
- Use only spare parts accessories that are recommended or sold by robotzoo.
- Use only the original and authorised power adapter with the device.
- If the power adapter or its cables are damaged, they must be replaced by a certified professional.
- Do not use or store the device near any heat source.
- Do not use the device in an environment above 60°C. Do not charge it in an environment below 0°C.
- Do not power on the device when it is out of the water.
- Always use an earthed and leakage protected wall socket when re-charging the device.
- Always power off the device whenever it is being maintained, cleaned or not in use.
- Always clean and wash the filter tray after use.
- Always store the device in a cool and ventilated place, away from direct sunshine, when re-charging or not in use.
- If the device is being stored, it needs to be charged and discharged every three months, in order to maintain battery life.
- Do not cover the device with anything when re-charging, to prevent the damage of internal electrical components caused by overheating.
- Do not disassemble the sealed driving kit of the device, without approval from robotzoo.
- Do not puncture or drop the sealed drive unit (or the device).
- It is recommended not to operate the device while pool filter is running.
- It is recommended not to recharge the device for more than a period of 6 hours.
- It is recommended not to operate the device when there are people in the pool, to avoid damage to the device.
- The robotzoo Blue Swimmer II is a rechargeable battery-driven automatic pool cleaner.
- The device will clean all the way to the waterline.
- Foam rollers are provided for pools with high gloss tile surfaces. Nylon rollers are suitable for pools with other surfaces.
- The device will ‘self-beach’ when the battery runs out. This means that it will come to rest beside the wall of the pool, so its floating handle can be easily reached, and the device pulled out of the pool.
- Name: Blue Swimmer II
- Model: RPC-113-MW
- Size: 400 (L) * 400 (W) * 200 (H) mm
- Weight: 9.5kg
- Short term (< 1 month):
-20°C to +60°C, ≤75%RH
- Medium term (< 3 months):
-20°C to +45°C, ≤ 75%RH
- Long term (more than 3 months):
-20°C to +20°C, ≤75%RH
- Power: 130W
- Working voltage: 25.9V
- Input voltage of adapter: 100Vac-240Vac
- Input power of adapter: 50Hz/60Hz
- Output current of adapter: 2A
- Output voltage of adapter: 30V
- Battery capacity: 7800mAh
- Charging time: 4 to 5 hours
- Working cycle: max. 120min
- Max. cleaning surface: 120m²
- Filter capacity: approx. 16m³/min
- Filter capability: 180μm
- Climbing slope: 90°
- Pool water temperature: 10°-35°C
- Speed: approx. 10m/min
- IP Grade: IPX8 (main body)
- Charging environment temperature: 0°-45°C
- Max. working depth: 2.0m
Installation & Use
- Put the device into, or lift it out, of the pool, with the rollers towards the wall
- This is to avoid any possible scratches to the pool.
- Do not put the device into the pool upside down.
- Ensure that the device lands with its rollers firmly touching the pool floor.
- Hold the top handle and immerse the device in water up to the switch
- Power on the device by pushing the switch to the ON position.
- The cleaner will start working after emptying trapped air inside (about 20s).
Once the device has negative bouyancy after emptying its trapped air, it will descend to the pool floor.
- When the device is out of battery power, it will come to rest beside the wall of the pool.
- Using the hook provided, which is fitted with a standard pole attachment, lift the device out from the pool floor.
- When lifting the device to the surface, try to avoid contact with the wall to prevent damaging the cleaner or scratching the wall.
- When the device reaches the surface, turn it off, by pushing the switch tab back, to expose the charging terminals.
- Hold the cleaner on the water surface for 10-15 seconds to allow it to empty of water before removing it from the pool.
Recharging The Device
- Remove the cleaner from the pool and place it near an electrical outlet.
- The switch will need to be in the OFF position in order to expose the charging port.
- Ensure that the charging points in the charging port are clean and dry.
- Connect the power adapter to the charging port, and plug into mains power.
- When mains power is turned on, the indicator light on the device will turn red.
- The indicator light on the power adapter will also show as red.
- The device should take up to 4-5 hours to fully recharge.
- When the device is fully recharged, the indicator on the power adapter will show green.
Cleaning the filter tray
- Symptom: Device not working, red light flashing slowly. Poss. Cause: Out of charge.
- Symptom: Device not working, no lights flashing. Poss. Cause: Battery protection activated.
- Symptom: No light showing on the wall charger. Poss. Cause: Loose connections / damage to wall charger. Solution: Check the connections / Contact after-sales service.
Solution: Recharge the device.
Solution: Recharge the device.
- Switch on: Blue light is steady on
- Switch off: Red light flashes once then powers off
- Cleaner is out of water: Blue light flashes rapidly
- Cleaner is working in the pool: Blue light flashes
- Working cycle finished (low battery): Red light stays steady on
- Faults: Red light flashes
- The product warranty for the Blue Swimmer II is for 24 months from the date of its original purchase.
- The warranty is void if the product has been altered, misused, or has been repaired by unauthorized personnel.
- The warranty extends only to manufacturing defects and does not cover any damage resulting from misuse of the product by the owner.
- The sales invoice must be presented for any claim or repair during the warranty period.
Do you want to find out more?
If you would like us to discuss the suitability of our devices to your situation, please just fill out the enquiry form below. Alternatively, if you would prefer to speak to us first, please call us on 1 3000 ROBOT. (1 3000 76268)