Terms And Conditions
We fully comply with Australian Consumer Law
robotzoo Will Fully Comply With Australian Consumer Law
Our Terms & Conditions reflect the fact that we intend to fully comply with Australian Consumer Law regarding Refunds and Returns. Overseas suppliers are not bound by Australian Law, and may not offer this protection, particularly when it comes to Refunds and Returns.
Our Conditions for Refunds and Returns
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, we will refer to:
- any of our smart cleaning robots as a device;
- the purchase date as the date of the invoice;
- the return of a device as its delivery back to us;
- the return period as a period of time within 30 days of the purchase date;
- the warranty period as a period of time from the purchase date (which varies, depending on the device).
As a guide, the warranty period is usually:
- 12 months for a smaller device (ie. those under $1,000), and
- 24 months for a larger device (ie. those over $1,000).
- the full replacement of a device as an exchange of the device with one in equivalent or newer condition;
- a full refund as a credit applied to the original method of payment, including any shipping costs for the return;
- a partial refund where you may be required to pay the transport or inspection costs. For example, if the returned device is found not to have a problem. An estimate of these costs will be provided to you before the product is collected, and the costs will not be inflated.
Every device is tested after it is built, and before it is dispatched by us. However, we understand that there may be circumstances where a hidden fault manifests itself once the device is used. These circumstances are rare, which is why we offer a generous warranty period.
robotzoo Terms For Returns of Items
We understand that after you take delivery of a device, you may realise that it’s not going to suit your specific purpose for some reason. Sometimes this doesn’t become apparent until you can handle the device. Accordingly, any device purchased from robotzoo may be returned within this return period, subject to the following conditions:
- The device must be unused and in the same condition that you received it;
- The device should also be in the original packaging;
This offer may not apply if you:
- got the device you asked for but simply changed your mind;
- found a cheaper device somewhere else;
- decided you did not like the device or had no use for it.
Should the device be found to be faulty anytime during the return period, or the warranty period, we will offer either a full replacement or full refund. Some items, such as consumables and parts, or gift cards and software products are exempt from being returned.
robotzoo Terms For Arranging Returns
To arrange the return of a device, please send us an email at email@example.com. We will arrange with you how to return of the device to robotzoo for our inspection. Please do not send the device back to the original builder.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned device. To complete the return of a device, proof of purchase will be required.
Returns of Sale Items (if applicable)
A device purchased as a sale item may be returned under the same conditions as a non-sale item. See below for details on exchange or refund.
Returns for Exchange (if applicable)
If a device is found to be defective or damaged during the return period, we will offer a full replacement.
If a device is returned under warranty during the warranty period, it may be reconditioned by us, or exchanged for a properly working device, depending on the outcome of our inspection.
Returns of Gift Items
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
robotzoo Terms For Refunds
Should the device be found to be faulty anytime during the return period, or the warranty period, we will offer either a full replacement or full refund, depending on the circumstances, which may including postage / shipping, also depending on the circumstances.
Should the device be found not to be faulty, and the issues relate to misuse of the device, then evidence and training will be provided to you on the device working properly, and the refund may be rejected.
There are certain situations where a partial refund will be granted (if applicable).
We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If the refund is approved, then it will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to the original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or Missing Refunds (if applicable)
If you are eligible for a refund, and haven’t received it, please:
- First check your bank account (it can take some time before financial institutions release payments into your account).
- Then contact your credit card company (sometimes they do not notify customers about refunds).
- Next contact your bank (there is often some processing time before a refund is posted).
- Finally, if you’ve done all of this and still have not received your refund, please contact us, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to our Shipping page for full details about shipping to you.
Your order will be dispatched within 2 days of receiving payment. The time required for your device to reach you may vary, depending on where you live.
Our preferred delivery channel is Australia Post Parcel Post. Australia Post Parcel Post delivers within 3 to 6 days for metropolitan area within Australia. Delivery to country and regional areas may take longer.
To return a device, it should be shipped back to us. You will be responsible for paying for the shipping cost of returning a device. If you are deemed eligible for a full refund, the cost of return shipping will be added to your refund.
If you are shipping any item over $100, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance (Australia Post provides these services). We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item if tracking is not used.